Food Vendor registration is currently open for 2024 applications. Please allow us at least 2 weeks to process applications. If your application was accepted for the 2023 Highland Games, your 2024 application will be automatically accepted.
It is REQUIRED for you to obtain and submit proof of insurance listing CHICAGO SCOTS/Illinois Saint Andrew Society as the additional insured on General Liability Coverage for a maximum of $1,000,000.00. Proof of this coverage MUST be emailed or mailed to the addresses below by May 26th, 2024. Participation as a vendor at the Festival is not allowed without proof of insurance.
Please email your insurance certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please list following in the email subject line: YOUR VENDOR NAME Insurance Certificate)
EXHIBIT SPACE, TABLE & CHAIR RENTAL MUST BE PRE-ORDERED
- Additional tables/chairs will NOT be available at the festival. Unused rental items are non-refundable.
- If you purchase electric, we supply 1 SO cord to the back of your booth. Concessionaires must supply heavy-duty grounded extension cord to plug into SO cord. NOTE: If you purchase more than one booth space, you will be charged for each individual space.
- Tents are available for rent or vendors may bring their own.
Set-Up Time Slots & Expectations
- Set-up times earlier in the week will also be available once your application is accepted
- Friday, June 14th: 7AM to 1PM
- Saturday, June 15th: 6AM to 7:30AM
You will be asked to schedule your set-up time prior to the festival .
ALL vendors must check in at the Vendor Check-In Tent. During vendor check-in you will receive the following.
- Site Map
- For each 15′ x 15′ exhibit space, you will receive:
- Three (3) admission tickets ($45.00 value each)
- One (1) complimentary parking/unloading pass
- If you purchase a more than one 15′ x 15′ space, you will be issued one extra admission ticket & one additional parking pass per each additional space.
It will be your responsibility to make sure that tickets for employees arriving separately are distributed.
- ACCESS to the vendor only road will be granted during set-up & take-down times ONLY. Vehicles will not be permitted to drive on grass areas of the festival ground at any time
- You will NOT have access to drive beyond the Admission Gate Friday after 1 p.m. or Saturday between 7:30AM & 7:15PM. Security will be on-site.
- Vendors are responsible for unloading & setting-up their own booths/areas. Festival volunteers are in place to ensure things are running smoothly. If you require any assistance, that must be discussed prior to the festival.
- Discounted hotel rooms for June 14th & June 15th will be available at several local hotels, including two on the festival ground. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Overnight campers are NOT permitted. Nearest campground – Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville, IL.
- WATER & SODA SALES PROHIBITED – vendors will NOT be permitted to sell water, sports drinks and/or soda products of ANY KIND at this festival. Specialty drinks (i.e. frozen lemonade, slushies, etc.) need to be discussed prior to the festival.
- IF YOU SELL CONSUMABLE GOODS, contact the Sanitarian at the DuPage County Health Department by May 19th, 2024, located at East Public Health Center, 1111 East Jackson Street, Lombard, IL 60148 (630) 682 7979. dupagehealth.org
- The Health Department will determine your Food Service Permit fee. Send your completed Food Service Permit Application and payment directly to the DuPage County Health Department no later than 10 days prior to the event.
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT & FIRE DEPARTMENT regulations must be met by all concessionaires. Failure to comply with regulations and/or service of unapproved menu items may cause a vendor to be closed by inspectors from either department. If you are selling on Friday, have your booth ready for inspection by Friday at 1PM, for all others on Saturday prior to 8AM.
- FLAME PROOF CERTIFICATE – all tents & awnings to have a “flame-proof” certificate, preferably sewn onto the tent material (if bringing your own tent)
- ALL COOKING & PROPANE must be 10′ outside of tents
- EXTINGUISHER – each vendor must have a K Type of Extinguisher
- WATER – running portable water is supplied as required by the Health Department. Water hook-up is communal & no individual vendor may use or interfere with the water supply to the detriment of other vendors.
- DEEP FRYING – you are responsible for storage of fryer fat and/or oils in covered containers. You must remove fryer fats/oils from festival ground when vacating booth. Deep fryers are NOT ALLOWED under any part of your tent or awnings.
- CONCESSIONAIRES WILL NOT BE GRANTED EXCLUSIVE RIGHT to sell or market any particular food or beverage product at the festival. Concessionaires are prohibited from selling all alcoholic beverages, any soda products, Gatorade or water.
- ICE will be available for sale to concessionaires on Friday from 1PM to 10PM and Saturday from 7AM to 8PM
- The concessionaire is required to dispose of trash, boxes, etc. in the large dumpsters. Your area must be cleared of all personal trash and will be inspected and documented via photograph at the conclusion of the festival. Violators will receive a $300 invoice post-event and will not be welcomed to attend 2025.
PLEASE NOTE: applications can be submitted prior to completing your payment. However, ALL applications and ALL payments are due by May 19th, 2024. No payments (credit card or check) will be accepted at the Festival.