One of our goals at Chicago Scots is to reach out to the next generation of Scottish-American and Scottish-appreciative students.
R. Harper Brown Scholarship
We are proud to sponsor this scholarship program which honors the legacy of R. Harper Brown, Society Governor, Kinsman of the year and co-Chair of the Kith and Kin campaign, which raised $7 million to build the Georgeson wing of the Scottish Home. The purpose of this scholarship fund is to assist in defraying the cost of an American student’s study at a university in Scotland.
Applications are accepted March 1st through June 1st. Please note: only applications containing all required documents will be considered. Finalists may be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee prior to the scholarship being granted.
Applicants should be at least a graduating senior in high school with an acceptance and intention to attend university in Scotland, OR a student at an accredited American college or university looking for a study-abroad experience in Scotland.
- Online Application Form
- Your most recent school transcript and activities report from High School or University.
- A letter of recommendation from a college or high school teacher or administrator.
- A letter of recommendation from a counselor or mentor.
- A cover letter detailing your academic and personal goals.
Applications will be accepted March 1st through June 1st. Transcripts, letters of recommendation, and cover letters can be submitted to Meghan Larson at email@example.com. Only completed applications containing all required documents will be considered. Finalists may be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee prior to the scholarship being granted.
*At this time, the R. Harper Brown Scholarship Fund is awarded to American students studying in Scotland.
- Scholastic achievement.
- Potential for future activities that would make a contribution to the Chicago Scots, Caledonia Senior Living & Memory Care and the Scottish-American community.
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside within 100 miles of the greater Chicago area.
- Preference will be given to members of the Chicago Scots, their children and grandchildren.
For more information, please contact Meghan Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.