Kinship for All — Join 0 Members in Supporting Chicago Scots!
In honor of our 175th Anniversary, as the oldest nonprofit in Illinois, we are launching a free membership program to celebrate Scottish identity with you in mind.
COVID-19 taught us we are stronger together. Chicago Scots free membership program is open to everyone who is Scottish by birth, heritage, or simply inclination. Come join our growing community. Membership helps transmit the proud assurance of what it means to be Scottish, from one generation to the next.
When you join as a free member or select a higher level of membership engagement, you will become an invaluable part of Chicago Scots’ history and mission. Becoming a Chicago Scot is the best way to get involved, connect to the Scottish community in Chicago, and ensure that Scottish culture and values live on for generations to come. It’s also a great way to support our principal charity Caledonia Senior Living.
Chicago Scots Membership Benefits
- Complimentary access to digital programs including the Scottish American History Forum.
- Invitations to Chicago Scots’ signature events, including the Scottish Festival and Highland Games, the Kilted Classic Golf Outing and the Annual Saint Andrews Day Gala/Feast of the Haggis.
- Complimentary tickets to the Annual Summer Picnic held on the grounds of Caledonia Senior Living and Memory Care since 1916.
- Complimentary tickets to the Annual Meeting and Holiday Party held in Heritage Hall at Caledonia Senior Living and Memory Care, also home to the Scottish American Museum.
Who should join?
Everyone who is a bagpiper, a drummer, highland dancer, university alumni, poet, traveler, history buff or whisky enthusiast.
Please Note: Everyone who participates in Chicago Scots free membership program must ‘opt in’ to receive news and invitations from us via email.
Enjoy Additional Member Benefits When You Make a Gift
Chicago Scots Individual Members help support the mission of Chicago Scots and Caledonia Senior Living and Memory Care with their tax-deductible membership gift. Family Members receive all the core benefits of membership plus:
- Early access and special “Members Only” pricing for selected Chicago Scots events
- Invitations to Chicago Scots campus events, exclusive donor events and more!
Chicago Scots Family Members help support the mission of Chicago Scots and Caledonia Senior Living and Memory Care with their tax-deductible membership gift. Family Members receive all the core benefits of membership plus:
- Early access and special “Members Only” pricing for you and your family to selected Chicago Scots events
- Invitations for you and your family to Chicago Scots campus events, exclusive donor events and more!
$1,000 One-Time Gift
Lifetime Members demonstrate a deeper commitment to the cultural and elder care mission of Chicago Scots. They donate at a higher level to ensure the vitality of our Scottish society for future generations. When you become a Lifetime Member you enjoy exclusive benefits and recognition. Your gift is an investment in permanence and sustaining our Society for generations to come. Lifetime Membership is a one-time tax deductible gift and separate from event and other program support. Chicago Scots has over 600 Lifetime Members.
“I have been dancing with the Thistle and Heather Highland Dancers since I was 3 years old. Performing at Chicago Scots events, dancing for residents at Caledonia Senior Living and being a lifelong member has connected me to my Scottish identity.”
Highland Dancer and Heather Queen (2012)
“My Scottish identity has been tied to bagpipes and drumming my whole life. Chicago Scots has played a big part in that. The membership program is a great way for pipers and drummers across the Midwest to connect with Scotland and everything Scottish in a new way.”
President of Midwest Pipe Band Association
“The Scottish Festival and Highland Games WILL return when it’s safe. Now more than ever is a good time to stay connected – Chicago Scots membership program is a great way to do that!”
Volunteer Chair, Chicago Scots Scottish Festival & Highland Games