THE CHALLENGE IS SIMPLE
If we raise $1 Million or more by December 31, 2022, The Negaunee Foundation will graciously match $1 Million in-kind.
Give with all your heart.
Our scheduled refresh of the 111-year-old Scottish Home was held back due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
But sometimes, patience and persistence work together to forge a perfect path. As we now reengage our fundraising commitment to restoring and maintaining our Caledonia Senior Living & Memory Care campus — including our Scottish Home and MacLean House — we proudly announce an exciting opportunity.
Join us in our Million-Dollar Match Challenge.
“NOW’S THE DAY AND NOW’S THE HOUR.”
Give for the promise of what we make possible.
The humble Home that has provided care for generations, now needs our care.
Upon entering lockdown, every one of our staff shared in a collective commitment to protect one another and the residents we serve. Here, now, we extend that same level of commitment in support of all that we have built — for our community and every soul who is part of it.
This initiative will allow us to:
- Elevate our community to look and feel as good as the care we provide.
- Refresh hallways and resident rooms with improvements designed to create a light and uplifting atmosphere while respecting the history and soul of the building.
- Install new schoolhouse lighting, wainscoting and modern carpet so that the life-enriching sense of home remains vibrant and healing.
- Integrate new systems to enhance personal safety, infection control and connectivity in response to our COVID-19 experience.
- Expand and modernize our digital capabilities.
- Revitalize resources overall to meet the changing operational needs of our organization, and accommodate continued growth.
GIVE THE SCOTTISH WAY: WITH HOME, FAMILY AND LOVE IN YOUR HEART.
Double Your Impact – Donate Now
The challenges we have met over the last many months, like the challenges our beloved Home has seen over her long history, have revealed the importance of this place. They have proven our character. Join us, through a range of giving options, in our Million-Dollar Match Challenge.
GIVE AS ONE OF THE FAMILY
Chicago Scots invites everyone who is Scottish by birth, heritage or inclination to stand together by supporting the Million-Dollar Match Challenge for the Scottish Home. Your gift, no matter the amount, will have twice the impact.
GIVE STRONG AND TAX-WISE
Those 70 1/2 or older can direct a charitable distribution from your IRA up to $100K tax-free. These donations are excluded as gross income for federal income tax purposes which can lower your tax bracket and be counted toward a required minimum distribution. Please consult your tax advisor to determine if this type of gift is right for you.
GIVE MONTHLY FOR MORE IMPACT
When you make your support a monthly commitment, your contribution keeps on giving!
GIVE A PLANNED GIFT
Create your own legacy at Chicago Scots by including a gift in your estate plans or naming Chicago Scots a beneficiary of your life insurance, IRA or other financial vehicle.